Patient Access Representative II
Company: Conifer Health Solutions
Posted on: September 12, 2023
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family,
Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to
clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our
clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve
their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare.
Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to
value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare
experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are
you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that
gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare
services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to
take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY Responsible for
duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include:
but not limited to performing scheduling, registration, patient
pre-admission and admission, reception and discharge functions.
Must obtain complete and accurate patient demographic information.
Patient Access representatives also must employ proper, compliant
patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date
of service. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the
following. Others may be assigned.
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care,
provides world-class customer service, completes full patient
registration at date of service, adheres to financial & cash
control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures
Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives,
Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message
from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information,
create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming
Hospital services. May also assist with scheduling diagnostic
procedures (enters data in scheduling system, provide customer with
appointment instructions, other tasks as needed).
- Educates patients about patient financial liabilities, employs
proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before,
during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash
reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial &
cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services, verifies insurance,
benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration
financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance
authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and
secures inpatient visit notification to payors. May also assist
with scheduling and coordinating post discharge care for patients.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by
law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required
vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This
may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination,
influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and
screenings. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through
oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Must be able to perform essential job duties in at least two
Patient Access service areas including ED.
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect
money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both
internal and external Clients that lead to more effective
communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders,
medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer
Standards of Care. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE Include minimum
education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to
perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 0 - 1 year in a Customer Service role.
- 0 - 1 year administrative experience in medical facility,
health insurance, or related area preferred
- Some college coursework is preferred PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods
- Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
- Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility
problems. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Hospital administration
- Can work in patient care locations which include potential
exposure to life-threatening patient conditions. OTHER
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on
- Resolves Physician's office and Patient issues.
- May experience extreme patient volumes and uncooperative
Keywords: Conifer Health Solutions, Framingham , Patient Access Representative II, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!