Company: J. F. White Contracting Co.
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Lead Estimator is responsible for the complete preparation of
the bid. - Position reports to the Chief Estimator. - Candidate
must be experienced in Earthwork, Support of excavation, Utility,
and Cast-in-place concrete construction in preferably in urban
locations. - Combination of Field and Estimating experience highly
desirable. Key Responsibilities:
- Complete estimate preparation for both small and large heavy
civil projects working both independently and/or leading an
- Estimate preparation for various aspects of heavy civil
construction projects related to Bridge, Roadwork and
- Manage estimating staff in preparation of large and Joint
- Identify and oversee quantity takeoff requirements.
- Identify the applicable means and methods, risks and factors
- Estimate preparation for self-performed work items.
- Manage solicitation of subcontractors and vendors/fabricators
and ensure sufficient coverage, and evaluate their proposals
- Identify potential Value Engineering/Alternate approaches.
- Create and maintain estimate prep schedule and pre-bid
- Maintain bid documents.
- Establish proposed DBE plans.
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Maintain communication with estimating staff and Chief
- Presentation of project, proposed means and methods, schedule
and sequencing, and risks to executive management.
- Partner with management team in developing new customers and
growing our existing customer base.
- Assist in the development and mentorship of junior to mid-level
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client
relationships. Required Skills:
- Extraordinary attention to details; ability to process work
- Ability to come up with creative and innovative approaches and
solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Success oriented driven with strong communication, leadership,
and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with and manage personnel.
- Advanced skill level in Excel and intermediate knowledge of
Windows, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficient level in Heavy Bid preferred Education and
- Bachelors' Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 15 years of Heavy Civil/Highway and Bridge construction.
- 10 years of estimating/project management experience with
previous experience as a lead estimator on projects of + $50M.
- Preferred candidate has prior experience with design build and
joint venture heavy civil estimate preparation.
Keywords: J. F. White Contracting Co., Framingham , Lead Estimator, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...