Company: GTT, LLC
Posted on: May 22, 2023
- Contract Duration 8+ months
- Pay rate up to $21/hr
- Assists and supports 2-4 Buyers and an AVP, Merchandise Manager
on a variety of administrative and clerical functions.
- Communicates with approximately 50+ vendors between all
merchants they support.
- Monitors and edits domestic and import purchase orders and
follows up on allocations and late vendor shipments.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and communicates with
multiple internal and external contacts on a routine
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for assigned merchants and
sets up vendor and agent visits in the home office.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets to monitor weekly spending
for merchants as necessary.
- Assists and supports Merchandise Assistants and merchants
outside of own area to include corporate buying offices as
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares and writes domestic and import purchase
- Enters and reviews electronic POs via the Buyer Worksheet
- Revises purchase orders daily and follow the purchase order
- Ensures all necessary signatures are obtained for a letter of
- Partners with Planning & Allocation to expedite PO
- Follows through with P&A to ensure electronic POs are
addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of ASN/EDI PO information
including identifying ASN/EDI orders and contacting vendors for
required information when needed.
- Pulls late lists weekly and follows up on all late POs with
- Reviews ship dates and cancels or makes revisions as
- Receives authorization from Buyer to approve vendor shipping
extensions and renegotiate costs as needed.
- Follows up with traffic/transportation departments as
- Tracks all POs generated through the buyer worksheet system to
ensure the final PO has been received.
- Assists in merchandise shipment follow-up and problem-solving
for over/under shipments and vendor charge-backs/cost
- Communicates daily with vendors via telephone and email
regarding purchase orders, allocations, problem-solving, etc. Plays
an integral role in enhancing and maintaining strong working
- Fields and screens telephone calls for PO and non-PO-related
matters to include prospective vendor inquiries, scheduling vendor
appointments, and allocation inquiries. Initiates calls to vendors
to solicit contact and address information to ensure vendor
databases are accurate and updated.
General Office Duties, Vendor Samples, and Special Projects
- Faxes, files, and photocopies of POs, and other departmental
forms. Develops effective organizational techniques to support
merchants and operations such as filing and binder
- Organizes reports for Buyers on a weekly basis to include Buyer
Control Files and On Order Inquiries.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements weekly for 2-5 merchants
and completes Merchandise Manager/Buyer itinerary paperwork
including scheduling market appointments.
- Assists and supports MAs and merchants outside of their own
area including corporate buying offices as needed.
- Coordinates and sets up vendor and agent visits at the home
- Assists in pre-production/production sample process including
tracking receipt of samples, setting up displays for buyer approval
and creating and maintaining binders, etc.
- Opens and organizes all sample packages for buyer review.
Requests samples from vendors for strategy meetings and ensures
samples are received and returned promptly. Organizes and maintains
sample room and purges samples as needed.
- Maintains a pre-ticket address database and follows up with the
Planning department and vendors to resolve pre-ticketed merchandise
- Complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements by obtaining Buyer
and AVP, MM signatures on all POs.
- Performs special projects as assigned or directed (i.e. pulling
selling, weekly $ spend grids, spreadsheets, etc.)
About The Company:
- Our client is a Fortune 500 company and the leading off-price
apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. At the
end of 2020, the Company had more than 4,500 stores in nine
countries, four e-commerce sites, and approximately 320,000
Associates. With offices, stores, and distribution centers around
the world, there is a breadth of opportunities with this
- The company strives for an inclusive workplace where they value
their diversity of thought, background, and experience; and are
engaged with the mission to provide value to our customers. They
remain committed to acting as a responsible corporate citizen by
investing in their employees and their communities, being mindful
of their impact on the environment, and operating their businesses
Keywords: GTT, LLC, Framingham , Merchandise Assistant, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...