Company: TalentBurst, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2023
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant
Location: Framingham, MA, 01701
Duration: 8-month contract
- Assists and supports 2-4 Buyers and an AVP, Merchandise Manager
on a variety of administrative and clerical functions.
- Communicates with approximately 50+ vendors between all
merchants they support.
- Monitors and edits domestic and import purchase orders and
follows up on allocations and late vendor shipments.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and communicates with
multiple internal and external contacts on a routine
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for assigned merchants and
sets up vendor and agent visits in the home office.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets to monitor weekly spend for
merchants as necessary.
- Assists and supports Merchandise Assistants and merchants
outside of own area to include corporate buying offices as
Major Areas of Responsibility: Purchase Orders
- Prepares and writes domestic and import purchase orders. Enters
and reviews electronic PO's via the Buyer Worksheet application.
Revises purchase orders daily and follows the purchase order change
process. Ensures all necessary signatures are obtained for a letter
of credit PO.
- Partners with Planning & Allocation to expedite PO entry.
Follows through with P&A to ensure electronic PO's are
addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of ASN/EDI PO information
including identifying ASN/EDI orders and contacting vendors for
required information when needed.
- Pulls late lists weekly and follows up on all late PO's with
vendors. Reviews ship dates and cancels or makes revisions as
necessary. Receives authorization from Buyer to approve vendor
shipping extensions and renegotiate costs as needed. Follows up
with traffic/transportation departments as needed.
- Tracks all PO's generated through the buyer worksheet system to
ensure final PO has been received.
- Assists in merchandise shipment follow up and problem solving
for over/under shipments and vendor charge-backs/cost
- Communicates daily with vendors via telephone and email
regarding purchase orders, allocations, problem solving, etc. Plays
an integral role in enhancing and maintaining strong working
- Fields and screens telephone calls for PO and non-PO related
matters to include prospective vendor inquiries, scheduling vendor
appointments and allocation inquiries. Initiates calls to vendors
to solicit contact and address information to ensure vendor
databases are accurate and updated.
General Office Duties, Vendor Samples and Special Projects:
- Faxes, files and photocopies PO's and other departmental forms.
Develops effective organizational techniques to support merchants
and operations such as filing and binder systems.
- Organizes reports for Buyers on a weekly basis to include Buyer
Control File and On Order Inquiry.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements weekly for 2-5 merchants
and completes Merchandise Manager/Buyer itinerary paperwork
including scheduling market appointments.
- Assists and supports MAs and merchants outside of own area to
include corporate buying offices as needed.
- Coordinates and sets up vendor and agent visits at the home
- Assists in pre-production/production sample process to include
tracking receipt of samples, setting up displays for buyer approval
and creating and maintaining binders, etc.
- Opens and organizes all sample packages for buyer review.
Requests samples from vendors for strategy meetings and ensures
samples are received and returned in a timely manner. Organizes and
maintains sample room and purges samples as needed.
- Maintains a pre-ticket address database and follows-up with the
Planning department and vendors to resolve pre-ticketed merchandise
- Complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements by obtaining Buyer
and AVP, MM signatures on all PO's.
- Performs special projects as assigned or directed (i.e. pullng
selling, weekly $ spend grids, spreadsheets, etc.)
Keywords: TalentBurst, Inc., Framingham , Merchandise Assistant, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...