Recovery Specialist - COE House
Company: South Middlesex Opportunity Council
Posted on: January 19, 2023
SUMMARYEnsure the safety and security of the clients and the
house during off hours in a recovery based program for women.
Assist clients as needed.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise daily/nightly and weekend activities and
- Provide Case Management/counseling to individuals in crisis
- Supervise medication process and times.
- Supervise client compliance with program rules.
- Provide assistance in crisis intervention situations and refer
clients as needed.
- Provide safety for all clients by completing hourly safety
checks throughout the shift.
- Contribute to a supportive interpersonal atmosphere and
collaborate with staff from COE and Serenity House.
- Record and file necessary paperwork.
- Conduct monthly fire drills.
- Meet bi-weekly for supervision.
- Must be able to drive the SMOC Program van to transport
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs
whether within or outside the scope of work.
- Attend & participate in team meetings as requested and
communicate effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency
information in accordance with federal and state laws and funder
- Ensure compliance with program/department, agency and/or funder
requirements, as well as, SMOC policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding of the disease concept of addiction.
- Knowledge of the 12 Step program
- Understanding of mental health diagnosis
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Trauma.
- If working 1st or 2nd shift, must have valid Drivers License
and meet insurance standards.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive a van for staff working 1st or 2nd shift.
- Ability to climb stairs in a residential
- Directly reports to Recovery Specialist Supervisor, or the
- Direct reports of this position are none. WORKING
CONDITIONSSome travel within the state using a company van will be
required. This position is located in a residential program which
is handicapped accessible. As part of the responsibilities of this
position, the Recovery Specialist will have direct or incidental
contact with clients served by SMOC in various programs funded or
administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human
Services. A successful background check is required.Monday -
Thursday Day Shift40 hours week
Keywords: South Middlesex Opportunity Council, Framingham , Recovery Specialist - COE House, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!