Bioinformatics Scientist Next Generation Sequencing
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Position Overview: We are seeking a motivated Bioinformatics
Scientist to join the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Core group
to support genomic analyses of multiple therapeutic modalities
within the Genomic Medicine Unit (GMU) CMC organization. The role
is responsible for leading analysis driven projects, interfaced
within a cross-functional team, to develop and implement genomic
analytical solutions for programs spanning precandidate selection
through commercialization. The ideal candidate will be expected to
support end-to-end NGS solutions, through wet-lab method
development to analytical pipeline design and execution, with a
focus on dry-lab applications. Ability and desire to learn and
develop wet-lab molecular skills is required. Key
- Support computational needs for the development and validation
of NGS-based assays and DNA sequencers.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and
engineers to implement genomic analytical solutions for programs
spanning precandidate selection through commercialization.
- Develop, execute, and maintain NGS analysis pipelines for
execution in cloud-based computational environments.
- Develop and execute complex molecular biology protocols,
specifically various NGS-based library preparation and
characterization protocols, using established molecular biology
techniques and novel solutions.
- Keep records of development work and testing in a GxP
environment utilizing electronic notebook solutions.
- Write publications for scientific journals.
- Represent the group at internal and external conferences. Basic
- Ph.D. in a relevant computer science discipline or a Master's
degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience or
a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant industry
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with NGS, spanning knowledge of
wet-lab protocols and hands-on dry-lab experience.
- Expertise in bioinformatics with a working understanding of
genomic analysis solutions (e.g., FastQC, Bowtie2, SAMtools, NCBI
BLAST+, Nextflow, Snakemake, etc.).
- Scripting experience in coding languages (e.g., bash, awk,
Python, R, etc.).
- Expertise in setting up cloud-based solutions to host and
execute NGS analysis pipelines.
- Advanced understanding of NGS platforms, specifically those
utilizing the synthesis by sequencing technique (i.e., Illumina
- Familiarity with custom software validation regulations.
- Ability to work independently and adapt under aggressive and/or
- Proven experience working across functions Preferred
- Familiarity with scripting environments and paradigms (e.g.,
- Familiarity with liquid handlers and other automation
- Expertise with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g.,
ligation, PCR, and qPCR) as well as nucleic acid extraction and
analysis techniques (e.g., Nanodrop, DNA fragment analyzers, ddPCR,
- Knowledge of and experience with other sequencing platforms
(i.e., PacBio Sequel II).
- Prior experience in leading the internalization of custom NGS
analysis pipelines is highly preferred.
- Wet-lab method development experience to support NGS workflows.
At Sanofi R&D North America, we deliver meaningful solutions
for patients. We transform science into breakthrough, best-in-class
and first-in-class medicines and vaccines. We believe in creating a
diverse and inclusive workforce - and workplace - which brings
together the collective brainpower of over 2,000 colleagues and
provides you with an exciting place to grow and develop. We set the
bar high, and we deliver. Join us and together we will build on our
trusted legacy of breakthroughs for society. Sanofi Inc. and its
U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin;
age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil
union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression;
affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military
status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim
status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information
(including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other
characteristic protected by law. As a healthcare company and a
vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to
protect individual and public health. All US based roles require
individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your
job responsibilities. Fully vaccinated, according to the CDC, an
individual is considered to be "fully vaccinated" fourteen (14)
days after receiving (a) the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer
vaccine, or (b) the single dose of the J&J vaccine. Fully
vaccinated, for new Sanofi employees, is to be fully vaccinated 14
DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE. #GD-SA
#LI-SA PDN At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how
we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly
tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion
and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be
leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and
customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people,
their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for
all. This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Framingham , Bioinformatics Scientist Next Generation Sequencing, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!