Company: Wayside Youth & Family Support Network
Posted on: May 10, 2022
COME DEMONSTRATE YOUR PASSION FOR CHILD & FAMILY EMPOWERMENT BY
JOINING THE WAYSIDE TEAM!
**SIGN ON BONUS OF $2000!! ($1000 AFTER 30 DAYS; $1000 AFTER 90
At Wayside, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative,
and equity- focused community that approaches client care as a
matter of social justice. Wayside is one of Massachusetts' most
respected child and family serving agencies with program locations
across Central, Eastern and Northeastern Massachusetts serving more
than 6,000 children, young adults, and families each year.
Wayside thinks of our employees as whole people and invests in
benefits to support employee wellness.
- Tuition, training & student loan reimbursement
- PTO Package: 3 Wellness Days (time off), 9 Paid Holidays, Up to 3
weeks of vacation (in your first year)
- A learning environment - free training institute with thought
leaders, CEU trainings & program trainings, etc.
- Financial health supports
- Equity focused medical benefits
- Teamwork atmosphere
- Career development support - a great place to grow your
Residential Counselor for Young Adult Program
Wayside Youth & Family Support Network has open positions for
Residential Counselors providing support services to youth and
families. Responsible for the front line care of residents
providing a safe and therapeutic milieu while promoting appropriate
social skills. Wayside provides a warm work environment with
management that is team focused and places value on healthy work
This is the perfect job for folks who like to be busy, creative and
offer innovative care to youth and families.
Must be available evenings and weekends. Valid drivers' license
required - motor vehicle background record checks will be
- Milieu Work: Directly supervise clients. Participate in staff
meetings. Attend all trainings and maintain necessary
certifications. Client transportation. Medication administration
once MAP certified. Facilitating recreational activities for
clients, working with the staff team to ensure the program
structure while striving for identified standards of behavior and
providing positive role modeling for youth. Assist the program in
providing basic needs for clients, such as regular meals, a safe
and clean shelter and appropriate hygiene.
- Compliance: Maintain confidentiality with regard to program and
client information at all times and are responsible for completing
all regular and assigned paperwork.
- Demonstrates high quality customer service (i.e. ability to
connect with others, approachability, being respectful to others,
able to communicate with others at all levels).
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and manage risk.
- Demonstrates the ability to hold program expectations.
- Demonstrates high quality writing skills as evidenced by good
documentation of shifts.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative thinking (i.e. ability to
adapt and adjust to changing work situations, processes, and
- Minimum Education: High School degree or equivalent required.
Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum Work Experience: Minimum of one year experience working
in adolescent services or related internship. Experience with a
strength-based, client-centered milieu a plus. Experience with a
diverse, multicultural population including LGBTQ+ desired.
- Licensure: N/A
- Certification: MAP, TCI, CPR, First Aid provided upon hire. MAP
training is preferred.
- Perform Supervisory Duties: No
PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME SCHEDULES AVAILABLE
Wayside welcomes equity-minded applicants whose values align with
our goal of being a child welfare and behavioral health agency
committed to anti-racism, social justice, and advocacy. Successful
candidates are asked to be engaged in Wayside's dedication to
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Bilingual/bicultural and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to
Keywords: Wayside Youth & Family Support Network, Framingham , Residential Counselor, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!