Transmission Line CAD Design
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Transmission Line CAD
Designer in Orlando, Framingham, Chicago or Portland offices.
The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide
technical and project support for high/low voltage transmission
line projects. He/She must be Autocad or Microstation
proficient and able to utilize materials from different sources
like: client standards, images, emails, sketches, dxf exports and
others. The candidate must have basic knowledge of
engineering drawing requirements with Transmission Line Projects in
order to assist with the development of project drawings which
includes but is not limited to: Maps, Structure Lists, Plan and
Profiles, Phasing Drawings, Foundation Drawings, Structure
Assemblies and Details, Permitting, and others. He/She must
be able to track and manage various projects at a time to meet
deadlines and assist in the preparation of submittals. Must
have great organization skills in order to keep up with file
management. The individual must maintain a high level of
quality and efficiency requiring personal accountability with
self-checks to minimize errors, ensuring a quality product
that meets company and client’s needs.
- Development of drawing packages for transmission projects (Plan
and Profiles, Framing drawings, Load trees, hardware & detail
drawings, permits, soil borings, route maps and others.
- Assist in preparing documents for client submittals.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time to meet
- Proofs own work to minimize errors and increase quality.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner.
- Must be able to assist others when needed and follow directions
clearly form engineers as well as peers.
- Associate Degree or Vocational certificate or degree in
drafting or related technical discipline.
- Five (5) years of drafting experience. Experience using AutoCAD
required; Microstation ability is a plus.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting transmission line
projects required; Substation or P&C experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, meeting deadlines and delivering a
quality work product are required.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Ability to work in detail oriented environment requiring
analytical thinking for work development and self-correction.
- Reliable with an ability to work independently.
- Strong team skills with the ability to be flexible
- Microstation proficiency
- Autocad Civil 3D
- PLS CAD Knowledge
- Autocad ARC GIS
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Framingham , Transmission Line CAD Design, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!