Battery Energy Storage Consultant
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Battery Energy Storage Expert – Boston, MA or Denver,
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Battery Energy
Storage Application Engineer/Consultant Subject Matter Expert
with primary responsibility being knowledge of technical and
commercial aspects of utility-scale and commercial & industrial
(C&I) battery energy storage systems (“BESS”), client
development, and BESS technology reviews. The candidate is
expected to work in a team setting to support project managers
during transactional due diligence.
Primary responsibilities and duties involve providing subject
matter expertise in BESS technology, design, project execution,
operation, and associated market applications to support
independent engineering and owner’s advisory services for
Other duties may include assisting the team in support of managing
projects, developing sales proposals, and technology
• Undergraduate degree in engineering
required, with MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance,
business, or related management area preferred.
• A minimum of 8+ years of experience related to
battery energy storage with at least 3+ years as an application
engineer for BESS. Experience with lithium-ion, flow
batteries, and knowledge of new battery technology is preferred.
• Commercial or project experience with
construction and O&M contracts and contractors for
utility-scale and C&I battery storage projects.
• Understanding of battery and BESS market trends
in technology, capital and operating costs, major suppliers, and
• Deep understanding of major components of BESS
including battery cells, battery modules, battery racks, battery
management systems, power conversion systems, thermal management
concepts and designs, BESS safety features, industry
certifications, energy management and control systems, and system
• An understanding of and familiarity with BESS
performance requirements and guarantees including energy
augmentation concepts required for supporting energy degradation
• First principles understanding in battery
degradation, and project-level useful life.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Expertise in BESS performance modeling
• Ability to work independently or as part of a
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under
pressure. Clients will include private equity,
infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks,
private developers, legal and financial advisors, original
equipment providers, DOE, and EIA.
• Successful track record maintaining client
relations and working with clients (both internal and
• The job may require as much as 10 percent
travel, including international travel, and can periodically
include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs
(can be typically 50 hour weeks).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Foreign language skills are a plus
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Keywords: Leidos, Framingham , Battery Energy Storage Consultant, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!