The Awake Overnight Support Staff offers operational, daily and
emotional support to individuals in a group home setting during the
night and through their morning activities.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many
generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a
strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Shift Details
Sunday 5 PM - 11 PM; Thursday, Friday, Saturday 11 PM - 9 AM
- Remain alert and respond to the needs of the individuals,
providing a safe and welcoming living environment.
- Assist individuals with home maintenance such as cleaning,
cooking and laundry.
- Assist individuals with morning activities as needed, and
prepare any items needed for the day. Lift and transfer individuals
and provide transportation to day programs and appointments as
- Implement established treatment plans.
- Perform intervention in the event of an individual's
- Report significant health, psychiatric or behavioral issues to
the on-call person in accordance with program procedure.
- Prepare summaries of interaction and objective behavioral
observations of individuals at the end of shift; clinical notes and
- Train individuals in responding to nighttime fire drills,
conduct regular drills and ensure the safe evacuation of
individuals from the program during a fire or fire drill.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered,
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an
operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated
understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering
individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively
achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday
and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise
independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and
benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and
compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while
fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we
serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: direct care, direct support, residential counselor,
residential support, group home, group living environment, GLE