Advocates is seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players to
provide valuable care to individuals in a residential setting!
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many
generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a
strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from
The Direct Support Staff will provide ongoing support, guidance
and role modeling to program residents in our Developmental
Services programs. This role will promote community inclusion and
self-advocacy and facilitate individual growth in the areas of
personal responsibility, social skills, and community living.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Shift Details
Tuesday 3p-11p Thursday 3p-11p Friday 3p-11p Sat 9a-3p
- Support individuals in daily activities inside their home and
in the community by promoting self-advocacy, decision-making and
empowerment. Provide guidance and role modeling as
- Assist individuals with planning and implementation of daily
activity schedules and routines.
- Assist individuals to identify and develop person-centered
goals and plans to address any concerns, wants or needs.
- Encourage active participation in community events and other
- Assist individuals with home maintenance and perform cleaning
- Document shift notes summarizing any applicable occurrences,
observations, concerns or progress.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree. Experience working
with the population preferred!
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered,
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an
operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated
understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering
individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively
achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday
and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise
independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and
benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and
compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while
fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we
serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: direct care, direct support, residential counselor,
residential support, group home, group living environment, GLE,