Field Auto Damage Appraiser
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you
enjoy the challenge of a role where no two days are alike? We are
looking for positive, high-energy, passionate auto damage appraisal
As a Field Auto Damage Appraiser, you will be completing quality
appraisals of damaged vehicles, in the field, to restore vehicles
to their pre-damage condition. You will complete moderate to higher
complexity claims within assigned authority limits. Daily
expectations include originals, total loss opinions, auto body
shop, independent adjuster appraisal re-inspections, and
supplemental appraisals. You will provide Best-In-Class service to
our internal and external customers.
There are many moving pieces you will manage. You need to have
strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills, and be
a time management expert. We look for people who are creative, love
problem solving, and have a passion for helping others. Your job
involves speaking to and engaging customers who have just been in
an accident and need your help, this is where the passion for
service comes into play. We strive to treat our customers as we
would want to be treated!
With ample growth opportunities, you are in-charge of your
The position has a potential signing bonus up to $10,000. The
ideal candidate should be located in or near Framingham Area.
- An Empathetic Service Professional: When a claim is received,
you skillfully use your customer centricity skills to confidently
assure our customers that you are there to guide them through the
- A Front Lines Liaison: You rise to the role of representing the
Liberty brand, you believe in delivering on our promise.
- A Reliable Teammate: Whether you work at the office or from
home, you adapt well to different environments, schedules and the
varying needs of our customers.
- A Problem Solver: Integrity is in your nature and critical
thinking is part of your decision-making process. That means you
sincerely care that customers get exactly what they paid for and
need to embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Using multiple software systems and claims best practices, you
will prepare itemized appraisals indicating costs of parts,
materials and labor necessary to restore damaged vehicles to their
- You will provide technical advice on vehicle repair, parts
costs, garage expertise and opinions on specific damages.
- You will complete auto body shop, independent re-inspections,
and supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs
- You will resolve disagreements and negotiate with auto body
shops, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders and
assist claims management in the resolution of complaints and
evaluate claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- An engaging, outgoing personality, a passion for helping
customers, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in
both written and verbal form.
- Extensive knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques,
terminology and vehicle construction.
- Prior experience using auto estimating software, CCC Pathways,
Audatex, Mitchell, etc.
- Requires strong negotiation, analytical, decision-making,
organizational and computer skills, as well as the ability to work
with multi-faceted systems.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 1-3 years of
directly related experience.
- Auto Damage Appraisal Licensing and certification are
- For car custodians, a valid driver's license is required
- Varying conditions may be encountered while inspecting
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions
and drive substantial distances.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to complete inspections of damaged vehicles which will
include but not be limited to inspecting the underside of and
around vehicles, inspecting vehicles in tight quarters at body
shops and salvage yards, etc.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Framingham , Field Auto Damage Appraiser, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!