Peer Specialist - Mental Health Division
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Advocates is seeking talented, open-minded and empathetic Peer
Support professionals to help others in their journeys.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many
generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a
strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of
Peer Specialists are fully integrated team members who provide
individualized services to people receiving services from Advocates
Mental Health Division. Peer specialists promote client self
determination and decision making through the use of their own
recovery stories and lived experience. Peer specialists provide
expertise and consultation to the entire team to help create a
culture in which each client's point of view and preferences are
recognized, understood, respected, honored, validated, and
integrated into treatment, rehabilitation and community self-help
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Shift Details
- Provide individual and group peer support services.
- Maintain and distribute current information on community
resources related to self-help and recovery.
- Coordinate and lead informal groups related to peer support,
recovery, resiliency, and resources.
- Advocate for client's preferences in all decision making
- Connect and network with other area providers and
- Develop professional relationships with area providers and
communicate regularly to ensure all services and resources are
being fully utilized.
- Strictly adhere to Certified Peer Specialist Code of
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
Must currently be or have previously been a recipient of the
Mental Health Systems Services.
Must apply to Certified Peer Specialist training within 6 months
of job offer and attend training when scheduled.
Excellent communication skills.
Must have sensitivity to the needs of the population.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as
part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving
culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Keywords: Advocates, Framingham , Peer Specialist - Mental Health Division, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!