Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Advocates is seeking a dedicated, team-oriented psychiatrist or
nurse practitioner to join our diverse team. This position includes
evaluations, ongoing psychopharmacology services and collaboration
with the child and adolescent's family. Advocates strives to be a
leader in team-based care for the individual and their family. This
position can be full or part -time and offers a flexible schedule
with no call. There are options for remote work.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many
generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a
strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Provide medical and child/adolescent psychiatric service and
consultation to participants and their families.
- Participate in training and supervision on identified
Evidence-based practices (EBTs), particularly those to be used with
children and adolescents, and provide outpatient treatment
consistent with these practices.
- Actively participate in the Quality Improvement process of the
- Maintain all records in accordance with the policies and
- Practice in general accordance with the treatment philosophy of
- Maintain open, collaborative and collegial relationships with
other team members.
- Attend and actively participates in supervision and staff
- Ensure that clients are treated with dignity and respect in
accordance with Advocates Human Rights Policy. Adhere to all
Advocates Way principles
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency's policies and
procedures. Follow agency Performance Standards.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- ANCC Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) -
Board Certification. Other board certifications may meet
requirements if significant relevant experience with psychiatric
assessment and treatment.
- Board certified in child psychiatry by the American Board of
Psychiatry and Neurology (candidates may be accepted if board
eligible, if the candidate demonstrates to the satisfaction of the
Medical Director comparable experience and competence).
- Current, valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in
the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated
understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse
- Must be able to perform each essential duty
- Maintains professional liability insurance coverage of a
minimum of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
- Current, valid and unrestricted DEA certificate.
- Satisfactory report from the National Practitioner Data
- Absence of Medicare/Medicaid sanctions.
- 1Currently practicing a minimum of 20 hours per week, defined
as direct service, supervision, or clinical administration.
- 1Commitment to Advocates values and mission.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to
function in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to read and speak English. Bi/trilingual
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering
individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively
achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday
and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise
independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and
benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and
compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while
fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we
serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: Advocates, Framingham , Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!