Bilingual Therapeutic Youth Mentor
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many
generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a
strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of
The Therapeutic Youth Mentor will offer structured, one-to-one,
strength-based support services to a youth under 21 for the purpose
of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs.
Therapeutic Mentoring Services include supporting, coaching, and
training the youth in age-appropriate behaviors, interpersonal
communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution, and
relating appropriately to other children, adolescents, and adults,
in recreational and social activities pursuant to a behavioral
health treatment plan developed by a clinical hub.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Engage youth in social, recreational, athletic, and artistic
activities in the community.
- Provide supportive services as outlined in the clinical hubs
- Participate in all provider team meetings and collaborate and
partner with youth, family, and collaterals to support the youth's
healthy functioning in the community.
- Research and explore areas of youth's interest and maintain a
team resource log of available community supports.
- Implements appropriate interventions that can assist in
supporting the youth and parent/guardian/caregiver in accordance
with current professional standards and utilizing wraparound
- Attend and maintain all trainings as assigned to include
trainings in CBHI course that includes systems of care philosophy,
family systems, conflict resolution, risk management, partnering
with parents, youth development, and cultural competency.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and one year of youth
behavioral health experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to form working
relationships with referral sources, colleagues, and partner
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to
function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an
operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated
understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering
individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively
achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday
and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise
independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and
benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and
compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while
fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we
serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: Advocates, Framingham , Bilingual Therapeutic Youth Mentor, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!