Therapeutic Youth Support
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many
generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a
strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of
The Therapeutic Youth Support will provide Therapeutic Mentoring
and will support the MA level In Home Therapy Clinician as the
Therapeutic Training and Support clinician while working with youth
and families receiving CBHI services. He/she will assist in
providing intensive family therapy and therapeutic training and
support services. Therapeutic Youth Support services include
supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age-appropriate
behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving and
conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children,
adolescents, and adults, in recreational and social activities
pursuant to a behavioral health treatment plan developed by a
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Engage youth in social, recreational, athletic, and artistic
activities in the community and maintain a team resource log of
available community supports.
- Participate in all provider team meetings and collaborate with
youth, family, and collaterals to support the youth's healthy
functioning in the community.
- Implement appropriate interventions that can assist in
supporting the youth and parent/guardian/caregiver in accordance
with current professional standards and utilizing wraparound
- Carry out therapeutic training and support services in
accordance with the families individualized treatment plan and CANS
- Provide member/service recipient transportation as needed in
connection with service delivery.
- Assist in the coordination of treatment planning and intensive
- Provide coaching in support of decision making in both crisis
and non-crisis situations.
- Attend necessary meetings, to include, IEP meetings, hospital
discharge meetings, Care Planning Team (CPT) meetings for members
enrolled in ICC.
- Provide referrals and linkage to appropriate supports and
- Conduct member outreach as needed to engage members and
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, counseling or related field
required with one year minimum experience working with
children/families and adolescents in child development, childhood
mental illness, and family issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to develop and maintain satisfactory working
relationships with employees and providers.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to
function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid drivers' license, access to an operational
and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving
culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering
individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively
achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday
and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise
independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and
benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and
compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while
fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we
serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: Advocates, Framingham , Therapeutic Youth Support, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!