Sanofi's Genomic Medicine Unit based in Framingham MA is looking
for a highly qualified and motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to help
develop novel therapies for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis (ALS). The successful candidate will work closely with
scientists in the Rare Neurological Disease cluster to characterize
rodent models of ALS to validate therapeutic targets and to
understand disease biology. Experience with rodent behavioral
testing, stereotaxic surgery, tissue collection,
immunohistochemistry, RNA scope, and molecular biology techniques
is highly desired.
* Characterize rat and mouse models of ALS using behavioral,
biochemical and histological assays.
* Perform stereotaxic surgery or IV injections to delivery
* Implement multiple state-of-the-art techniques in molecular
biology, biochemistry, and microscopy.
* Work with cross functional teams to use omics, bioinformatics,
data mining and other approaches to validate and identify
* Analyze, interpret, and present experimental results at lab
* Publish/present findings in peer-reviewed journals/scientific
* Maintain accurate records of experiments and analyses.
* Maintain lucid and effective communication with manager and
* Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field, with at 0-2 years of
* Previous first-author publication(s) in internationally
recognized journals are required.
* Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables in a
* Excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Curiosity and a willingness to work independently.
* Must have permanent US work authorization
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national
origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership
or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression;
affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military
status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim
status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information
(including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other
characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we
operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap
into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and
have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be
leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and
customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people,
their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for