Mammalian Purification Process Development, part of the Sanofi
R&D CMC organization, is responsible for development, scale-up,
transfer, and characterization of purification processes for
clinical and commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins from
the mammalian production platform. In addition, the department
develops next-generation bioprocessing and process development
technologies such as integrated and continuous bioprocessing, high
throughput process development, and mechanistic modeling of
bioprocesses. The department also works to support a global
purification network and update our purification platform.
We are looking for candidates for the position of Research
Associate. This individual will join a dynamic and motivated team
to develop downstream purification processes in support of early
and late stage drug development programs. In addition, the Research
Associate will support the tech transfer of the developed process
into the clinical manufacturing team or Industrial Affairs
organization, while ensuring the highest standards of safety,
environmental, and regulatory compliance are maintained in the
workplace. Responsibilities include:
* Work with supervisor to design, plan and conduct purification
experiments, including data analysis, using high throughput
purification models and benchtop and/or pilot scale chromatography
and filtration systems.
* Document experiment results in technical reports, and present
results at departmental meetings.
* Work with supervisor to evaluate new technologies to increase
purification process understanding, performance, and/or process
* Develop, maintain, and demonstrate knowledge of principles,
theories, and techniques in area of responsibility.
* Stay abreast of relevant new technologies and published
literature, including attending technical forums.
* Maintain good communication and collaboration with colleagues
in Purification Process Development, as well as other
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical
Engineering, Biochemistry or related discipline.
* Laboratory experience, in either an academic or industrial
* Logical and critical thinking skills, as well as innovative
* Ability to work independently and also function in a
matrix/collaborative/team oriented environment.
* An understanding of scientific principles underlying and/or
experience with purification technologies and operations.
* Excellent organization and written and oral presentation
* High level of scientific curiosity.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national
origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership
or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression;
affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military
status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim
status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information
(including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other
characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we
operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap
into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and
have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be
leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and
customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people,
their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for