Sanofi is looking for an experienced cell culture development
professional to join the Cell Culture Development Group located in
the Framingham, MA in the role of Senior Scientist. The Global Cell
Culture Development group within Sanofi operates with the mission
to develop robust, scalable and innovative cell culture processes
for Sanofi's very diverse early and late-stage biologics
We are looking for a candidate with excellent scientific,
communication, and project management skills to lead a small team
of upstream development scientists and engineers. In addition, as a
senior staff member of the Cell Culture Development Framingham
organization, he/she is expected to work collaboratively with
others in the team to establish objectives, priorities and
directions, and also represent the function in stakeholder
* Lead a group of scientists and engineers focused on upstream
process and technology development.
* Independently plan and lead the execution of upstream process
development for assets in all stages of the development
* Plan department resources for supported projects to ensure
timely delivery of department objectives.
* Align department development activities against overall
* Ensure that the functional project team maintains high quality
deliverables, open communication, and a good working
* Oversee the professional development of scientists in the
team. Ensures that group maintains proper and updated training.
* Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more selected areas
of cell culture development and support the entire upstream
* Provide technical expertise to assist in resolution of complex
* Present findings and/or results to senior management, external
stakeholders, and industry leaders at national/international
* Participate in the design and implementation of concepts for
i.e. control strategy, validation strategy, developability,
manufacturability, processing, disposable technology, and
* Lead projects to develop and implement industry leading cell
culture production technologies and platforms.
* Build strong interfaces with global Cell Culture Development
community and help drive global adoption of best practices.
* PhD degree in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry,
Chemical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of
relevant industrial experience, MS with at least 8 years of
relevant industrial experience, or BS with at least 10 years of
relevant industrial experience.
* Experience in executing projects to aggressive timelines with
the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities.
* Experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry within a
mammalian cell culture role and an excellent understanding of the
theory and practice of cell culture process development is
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to build
relationships both inside and outside the cell culture development
* Experience in managing one or more junior staff (either within
a line function or a cross-functional project team).
* Experience managing cross functional team and initiatives.
* Experience in the field of cell culture medium development is
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national
origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership
or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression;
affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military
status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim
status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information
(including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other
characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we
operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap
into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and
have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be
leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and
customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people,
their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for