We are seeking a Senior Transmission Line Engineer in our
Framingham, MA office who will work as a member of a dynamic team
working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems
involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design.
The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric
transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra
high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply
NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering
and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new
capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects.
Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently
perform: engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and
specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and
construction documents, and work with project planning,
environmental, permitting, and construction management.
The position offers the successful candidate to develop an
engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate
will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal
development, scope creation, and project management.
• PLS-CADD, POLE, and TOWER
• Microsoft Office products
Other Program Experience:
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Bentley Microstation
• Bentley Projectwise
• ESRI ArcGIS Programs
• Microsoft SharePoint
Required Education & Experience:
• 8+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility
• B.S. degree in Electrical/Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• M.S. degree in Structural Engineering
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may
• Ability to develop staff through mentoring
• Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD
• Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost
estimating, specification, material procurement process, project
schedule creation, and construction work packages.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our
employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary
e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External
Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work
place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere
Institute for the third consecutive year.