Licensed Optical Manager Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
OPTICAL MANAGER, LICENSED
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides a high level of Member service, including answering
all incoming calls, scheduling patients for doctor's appointments,
being open and honest in communication and maintaining a friendly,
pleasant demeanor with Members at all time.
- Provides support to Members in: making eyeglass adjustments,
taking measurements, reading prescriptions on the lensometer,
timely notification of product readiness, proper handling of all
money related transaction, and completing paperwork necessary to
place and process orders.
- Manages Optical department team members and ensures all team
members diligently engage in person and over the phone with
- Processes and verifies all third-party insurance payment
- This position will have access to patient information therefore
a high degree of discretion and adhering to all privacy and
confidential/propriety company policies and procedures is required
(i.e. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, known as
- Manages all sales opening and closing procedures at the end of
the shift. Must ensure that accurate funds are collected, and
payments are made at the point of service.
- Communicates and follows up with General Manager and Regional
Director, Operations regarding department performance, maintenance
situations, team member's performance, and doctor relations.
- Ensure work station/Optical department is maintained and clean
at all times.
- Supervises all team members in the Optical department and is
responsible for training, separations, recommendation for
promotions, and coaching.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Must be licensed to work as an optician within the State and
keep license up to date and active.
- Knowledge of optical products and business practices
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, optical, and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service skills,
organizational skills and an attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Framingham , Licensed Optical Manager Job, Other , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!