Home Health Aide - Up to a $1000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Brookdale at Home
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Overview:We have both weekdays and weekend openings. This is
mainly working in our Independent Living with one on one care.
Great working environment with teamwork, flexible schedules,
incredible training, with plenty of parking and free meals. Located
on the beautiful Cushing Park in Framingham.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help
us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents,
associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be
open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make
the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their
care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a
positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive a competitive compensation and
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You'll earn more
than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career
through professional development, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your overall health and wellness - physical, mental,
emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find
purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Under the supervision of the Brookdale
at Home Agency Leader provides direct care to client, which
reflects Brookdale's philosophy and standards of non-skilled home
care. Assists in meeting the client's individual needs while
treating the clients with respect and dignity.
- Assists clients with the activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting
to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry,
shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of
- Follows assignment tasks. Contacts supervisor if client desires
deviation from assigned tasks.
- Allows and encourages client to do as much of their own care as
possible, to remain active.
- Documents the delivery of quality care in the client's clinical
- Follows infection control and safety policies and
- Implements client care that is accurate, timely and
appropriately documented; maintains confidentiality at all
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the
- Responds promptly and positively to client requests for
- Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and
responsibility with effective communication that promotes a
positive working relationship with client, families, and
- Identifies changes in client status or needs and communicates
to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs and maintains compliance
with required training.
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to
assignment if unable to come to work. Supervisor communicates with
- Maintains means to travel to client's home to arrive on time
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and three to
six months related experience and/or training preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
In accordance with state law, must possess current state
certification or state specific required training and provide proof
of required training. Will follow regulations to maintain current
certification and/or training requirements. Reliable
transportation. Must have a valid state identification card and a
valid driver's license is preferred.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with limited independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read
and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to
communicate effectively in English with patients, family members
and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or
oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks
assistance when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale at Home, Framingham , Home Health Aide - Up to a $1000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!