Consumer Insights Manager- Onsite or Remote
Company: Staples Stores
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Do you love learning about consumer behavior and what motivates
consumers in the retail marketplace? If you like working with
people on a variety of topics and areas of a business, this is a
terrific opportunity to make an impact in Consumer Insights. We are
looking for a Consumer Insights Manager to join the Staples team
and work collaboratively on insights across a variety of programs
and projects including shopper, trend, product, business services,
and promotions. Our desired team member has a bachelor's degree, 5+
years of experience in insights and is a good storyteller that can
weave insights into an engaging presentation. Must have experience
in project management and the mechanics of Insights (questionnaire
development, reporting and timeline management) with survey
software skills a plus.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Lifecycle & Insights, you
will have a front seat opportunity to learn and contribute to the
success of the organization. Ability to work on multiple projects
and flexibility is a must. If this sounds like you, we'd love to
hear from you.
- Creates comprehensive analyses that leverage previous projects'
learnings, trends and internal analytics to fully inform the
marketing and brand teams on consumer insights.
- Continuously monitors retail and consumer trends and reports to
key internal stakeholders leading important trends for retail and
- Presents findings and implications to the marketing team as
well as Senior Leadership, showcasing a strong command of research
acumen and business knowledge focusing on actionable insights and
recommendations that impact the business.
- Manages and oversees the work of vendor(s) for questionnaire
development, data collection, reporting and presentation of
findings. Ability to lead custom research projects
- Monitors project plans and schedules to deliver projects on
time. Manages vendors to deliver high quality work, negotiates cost
and manages budget for each project.
- Collaborates with agency partners and internal analytics to
develop an Insights framework including business impact
- Develops, programs and analyzes online surveys as needed.
Get great perks.
- Generous amount of paid time off and bonus plan
- 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life
and disability insurance, and many more benefits
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile
plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- On-site, discounted childcare, fitness center and dry cleaners
in Framingham, MA corporate office
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research design and
data analysis required including segmentation and customer decision
- Proven experience with survey questionnaire design and ability
to write and/or edit surveys for complex topics.
- Ability to synthesize multiple data sources (primary insights,
analytics data, trend and syndicated data) to drive strategic
recommendations to internal teams.
- An analytical mind, able to manage details but also see the big
picture to tell the story. Strong storytelling skills needed.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively.
- Proven ability to translate research results into business
implications and gain organizational alignment to
- Experience programing in online survey tools (i.e., Qualtrics,
Dscout and MFour) and insights dashboard creation/maintenance
skills a plus.
- 4-year undergraduate marketing or social science degree with
marketing research and statistical courses.
- 7-10+ years' work experience in consumer insights project
management. Strong project management and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel and
- Willing to travel occasionally.
Click to learn more about the employee benefits, programs and perks
offered at Staples.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Staples Stores, Framingham , Consumer Insights Manager- Onsite or Remote, Executive , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!