Senior Data Science Manager
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Staples is business to business. You're what binds us
together.Our marketing team is charged with an important task -
sharing our Staples story. We use customer data and analytics to
help us understand and improve our customers' experiences, drive
customer retention and encourage brand loyalty. Our team is
diverse, with skillsets and responsibilities ranging from graphic
design, content creation and performance marketing to internal
communications and loyalty & rewards programs. We work together to
provide expertise and guidance, so that the Staples brand is well
represented in all areas.What you'll be doing:
- Lead and grow a team of experienced data scientists. Provide
mentoring, coaching and career guidance to develop and retain
- Use your expertise to advise team members, helping them plan
and deliver successful data science projects.
- Contribute directly to the development of sophisticated models
and the most advanced data science deliverables.
- Be a thought partner to business leaders regarding the
development and application of data science to our business.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to discover and
prioritize the highest-value projects for the Data Science
- Drive adoption of best practices for workflow management and
development of production-ready outputs.
- Help the team select the right tools for the job and achieve an
appropriate balance of rigor and efficiency for each project.
- Develop an impact-focused culture in which team members are
empowered to propose and advocate for projects that will help
achieve our business goals.
- Foster an intellectually stimulating and rewarding environment
for the data science professionals on your team.What you bring to
- A quick mind with an outstanding analytical skillset, strategic
sense and business acumen.
- Enthusiasm for finding innovative and effective solutions to
- A teaching mindset: Eager to share knowledge and impart wisdom
to team members and business stakeholders.
- A learning mindset: Ready to learn about the business, discover
new tools and techniques, and expand your skills and knowledge
alongside your team.
- Great team leadership skills. Adept at tackling big projects
together and inspiring others to get engaged in the effort.
- Broad knowledge of data infrastructure and data science
development platforms, with real world experience to help guide
decisions about these tools.
- Experience managing and mentoring teams of skilled
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of communicating
nuanced business needs to technical experts, and technically
challenging topics to business stakeholders.
- Well-developed project management skills. Track record of
leading complex projects to successful completion, and the ability
to teach this skill to team members. Qualifications :What's needed-
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+year of experience with deep expertise in the tools and
practice of data science, including statistical modelling and
- Highly skilled in at least one data science language (Python,
R, Scala, etc.)What's needed- Preferred Qualifications
- A master's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent
experience in an applied setting.We Offer:
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and
Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and
benefitsInterested in joining the team? Check out our perks and
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of
thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Staples, Framingham , Senior Data Science Manager, Executive , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!