Assistant Vice President Organizational Development
Company: TJX Companies
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Assistant Vice President Organizational Development Brand: TJX
Corporate Location: Framingham, MA, US Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Regular Functional Area: Human Resources
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us
around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably
find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods,
Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty
of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's
just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover
something new about our business, our partnerships and even
something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Framingham -- MA Reportinging into the Senior Vice
President, Organizational Development the Assistant Vice President,
Organizational Development (AVP OD) provides organizational
consultation of change management, organization planning/design and
performance issues and works in partnership with HR and client
groups to design and orchestrate organization development
initiatives that address corporate goals and strategies. This
position provides advice and support aimed at building organization
cohesion, health and flexibility. The AVP OD is accountable for the
overall integration, delivery and monitoring of change management,
organization planning and organization design services to the
- Works closely with VPs and AVPs to plan and implement OD
projects and strategies that align the talent, culture, work
processes and structure elements with the organization's strategic
- Responsible for the full cycle of organizational consulting for
Divisions and Functions as needed; carrying out organization
assessments, making recommendations for change, while helping to
craft new structures and jobs and working to redesign management
- Liaison with external OD professionals to stay continuously
advised and updated on innovative and groundbreaking organizational
consulting practices and OD content. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic partnerships with internal clients.
- Proactively addresses and responds to OD issues by bringing key
partners together to assess root causes and performance gaps.
Providing advice and develops interventions about impacts resulting
from whole organization changes.
- Provides project management for organization-wide
projects/initiatives as require while assessing risks associated
with various change initiatives/ projects and suggests and
implements actions to manage any negative impacts.
- Provides assessments about organization health and
effectiveness and efficiency
- Supports the work of external consultants by providing them
with information about the organization, helping with
implementation of their projects. Works with Groups /Teams
- Identifies and uses instruments and surveys to analyze
individual and group behavior and recommends strategies for making
- Influences and supports changes in organizational behavior.
Serves as an internal consultant to facilitate team building,
resolving work group conflict, changes in group norms values and
- Coaches HR and line managers to expand their leadership and
change management proficiencies. Planning
- Facilitates planning processes for departments, Functions and
Divisions as requested. POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- Minimum of Master's Degree in Organization Development,
Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant
behavioral science, preferred Experience:
- Minimum 10-15 years professional level experience, preferrably
in a global company in similiar size and/or complexity of TJX.
- Experience in program design and instructional experience in
the areas of leadership, communication and quality
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- OD theories, philosophies and methods, organizational analysis
and change skills.
- Understanding of organizational behavior development.
- Solid understanding of employee involvement and recognition
- Training and development needs analysis, program development
- Ability to instruct, give feedback and mentor HR and
- Sophisticated strategic project and work planning,
non-authority leadership, interpersonal communication skills,
problem-solving, decision-making, employee development and team
- Proven track record of anticipating future trends/ consequences
and build innovative approaches and flexible plans. Come Discover
Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think
you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part
of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse,
close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and
fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it. We
care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff
(Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room
for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make
your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military
status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. --Posting
Notes: Framingham -- MA
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Keywords: TJX Companies, Framingham , Assistant Vice President Organizational Development, Executive , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!