Staff Accountant Level 1
Company: The Learning Center for the Deaf
Posted on: September 13, 2023
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability
Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time;
Flexible Spending and Dependent Care ASL Proficiency is
TLC Diversity Statement:
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an
inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds.
Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that
encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members'
diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches,
experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters
innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone
can feel they belong.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader
of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and
families. To learn more, click here .
For our Mission, click here .
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant Level 1 manages
general accounting and financial processes ensuring compliance with
laws and regulations. This position works closely with other
accounting professionals, internal departments, and external
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record financial transactions in system of record, currently
- Assist with month end close including:
- Reconcile balance sheet and other general ledger accounts, as
- Prepare and record general and adjusting journal entries
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedule
- Oversee petty cash for all departments
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of an accounting
- Work to improve financial processes and procedures through
- Prepare documents for annual audits, as requested
- Assist other finance staff as needed and act as back-up for
critical functions of each position.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Additional duties as assigned WILL NOT BE SCHEDULING INTERVIEWS
UNTIL AFTER LABOR DAY
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Proficiency in ASL preferred, willingness to learn
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or
finance preferred; Associate degree with 2 years' experience in
relevant field is acceptable
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
and internal control procedures
- Experience with month-end close and balance sheet account
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative
solutions, ability to organize and work with large amounts of
information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines
with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, GMail, Google apps, and QB
- Open to development of skills and knowledge
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to change
Salary range: $65,000 to $80,000
$65,000 to $80,00
Keywords: The Learning Center for the Deaf, Framingham , Staff Accountant Level 1, Accounting, Auditing , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!