Senior FP&A Analyst
Company: Definitive Healthcare
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Finance/Accounting - Framingham, MA - Full Time Job Description
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics
provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated
information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare
providers. Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one
of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and
named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal's Best
Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare
is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than
doubled in size in the past 2 years and has 450 employees. Our
motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and
engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our
expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced
Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. If you would like to
work with a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly,
keep reading! As our new Senior FP&A Analyst you will be
working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and leadership
team to provide stakeholders with timely and effective forecast
data, analysis and recommendations to help make business decisions
to drive the company toward its strategic goals. Here are some
things you will tackle: 1. Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis
- Developing financial models for the annual, quarterly, monthly
and weekly forecasts for revenue, expense, cash, cap ex, EBITDA
- Working closely with the leadership team determining robust
assumptions to drive the rolling forecast model.
- Managing and coordinating the business's operational
forecasting process and annual budgeting process.
- Ensuring the rolling forecast model and budget accurately
reflects the operational assumptions of the leadership team.
- Regularly providing the leadership team with a rolling four
quarter forecast together with actuals variance analysis and
- Running scenario analysis using the business's forecasting
- Working with the leadership team to develop, track and report
on key operating metrics for the business.
- Working with sales operations to develop a standard reporting
cadence for quarterly business reviews of the operational
- Working with the CFO and the senior leadership team to develop
and maintain 3 and 5 year projections and growth assumptions for
the business. 2. Stakeholder Reporting
- Management of monthly Board report preparation. Responsible for
co ordinating operational lead contributions, reviewing and
challenging actual versus forecast analysis provided and assisting
in ensuring clear messages are communicated to the Board.
- Presenting the forecast assumptions and performance verbally
and in written format.
- Contributing to the production of special project presentations
and other types communication to stakeholders (including lenders,
shareholder and potential new investors). 3. Special Projects
- Leadership of special projects including review of projected
forecast data for potential acquisitions.
- Challenging and standardizing our methodology for revenue and
direct cost categorization by product / revenue type across the
core business and new acquisitions.
- Establishing and implementing cash flow by product analysis
across the group.
- Leadership of cost and operational benchmarking projects.
Presentation of findings and recommendations to the leadership
team. What you'll need:
- 5+ years' experience performing FP&A function
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Experienced in owning and modifying a financial model for
reforecasting and scenario analysis purposes
- Ability to present of financial information both orally and
- Prior exposure to preparation of financial forecasts for
- Excellent communicator and team player Why we love Definitive,
and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us
a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare
benefits and a 401(k) match If you don't fit all of these
qualifications, but believe you're still a great fit, feel free to
apply and tell us why in your cover letter.-- What our Employees
are saying about us on Glassdoor: --"Great Work atmosphere, great
work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch
product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you
-Business Development Manager "Great team. Amazing growth.
Employees are treated very well."
-Research Analyst "I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job
for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got
Keywords: Definitive Healthcare, Framingham , Senior FP&A Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Framingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!